-Wind doesn’t need rain to contribute to water damage. High winds can cause damage to a roof and other parts of a building that make is possible for rain that comes along at a later time to intrude and the water damage experts from SERVPRO of Santa Maria have some important tips to help property owners minimize or prevent damage.
One of the first things to do is inspect the roof, around windows and doors, and check for loose siding after a wind storm. A high wind, even a dry one, can loosen shingles and further weaken old and slightly damaged areas of a building. Once this happens it’s much easier for the next rain to get into the roof and walls.
- Older buildings, and older roofs are particularly susceptible to being damaged by wind.
- If damage is discovered, inspect for signs of water damage or mold. Water may have gotten into the building long before the most recent wind.
- Mold is a sign that water has already been present.
- If no water damage or mold is present, make the necessary repairs as soon as possible and definitely before the next rain.
- If water damage or mold is found, call a specialist such as SERVPRO of Santa Maria for water damage
SERVPRO certified water damage restoration technicians use advanced water inspection, extraction and drying equipment and techniques to remove any trace of water or mold. The advanced equipment helps locate hidden moisture that might otherwise go undetected and continue to cause damage. Once all the moisture is located, the entire affected area is dried with powerful dehumidifiers then cleaned with professional grade cleaning and sanitizing agents. Any part of walls, ceiling, roof or floor that has been damaged beyond repair is removed so the needed replacements and repairs can happen.
The SERVPRO of Santa Maria technicians have the expertise, experience and equipment to properly restore damaged property. The franchise is an IICRC Certified firm and the team members are highly trained, holding certifications for:
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD – Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT – Carpet Cleaning Technician
- CMT – Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- RRRP – Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration Technician
Locally owned SERVPRO of Santa Maria specializes in cleanup and restoration services for damage caused by water, fire, storms and mold and mildew. SERVPRO also works with insurance companies to help manage the paperwork and the claim process. One less thing a stressed property owner needs to worry about while the property is repaired and returned to the condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Available to help anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when damage strikes. SERVPRO of Santa Maria is the trusted water damage restoration company.
SERVPRO of Santa Maria
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458