-The storm is over, everyone is safe and it’s time to get outside to see what kind of damage may have been done. The team from SERVPRO of Atascadero / Paso Robles has some tips to help home and business owners inspect their property and make any emergency repairs that may be needed.
The first thing to remember is to remain safe.
- Watch out for downed power lines, septic overflows, and damaged trees that may topple or drop limbs.
- Report problems with power lines, septic systems, and any traffic hazards.
- Check on neighbors to make sure they have the resources they need.
As soon as it is safe, inspect the property to identify storm damage. Look for:
- Damage to the roof and exterior siding.
- Broken or damaged windows and doors.
- Fallen branches that need to be removed.
- Damage to fences, barns, sheds, and the garage.
- Water leaks from storm rain and damaged plumbing.
A damaged roof is a strong indicator that water has entered the structure. But water can still make its way into a home or other building without visible damage. It may take some leaks a few days or weeks to become obvious and by then, the damage has already started.
Checking foundations, attics, basements, and crawl spaces as soon as possible after a storm can help identify leaks and their sources.
Record the damage with photographs and notes, contact your insurance company, then call the Atascadero water damage professionals at SERVPRO of Atascadero / Paso Robles.
SERVPRO responds to emergencies 24/7. The support you can expect from the SERVPRO team includes:
- Complete assessment of the damage.
- A full report for the insurance company.
- Complete and thorough water, moisture, and mold removal.
- Repairs and restoration to structural damage and personal property, including furniture, clothing, appliances, and just about everything water and mold have touched.
SERVPRO works with major insurance companies and can help file the claim and monitor the process from start to end, keeping home and business owners advised of the claim process.
Water damage needs to be addressed as quickly as possible to prevent further damage. Water causes damage by breaking down the materials it touches, causing rot, stains, and other damage. Mold spores start growing within 24-48 hours after being exposed to moisture of any level. Not does mold damage and destroy everything it touches, and it can cause health problems for some people and pets.
The Atascadero water damage company is a local family-owned company that serves the water and fire damage remediation needs of Central Coast communities. The team understands how stressful it can be when a tragic event happens. “We are fully prepared and trained in different fields including water damage restoration, mold remediation, fire and smoke damage restoration and flood damage restoration,” says owner Joe Powers. “No matter the time of the day we are available 24/7 365 days to help and make it ‘Like it never even happened’.”